GOODWILL MESSAGE BY THE SPEAKER BAYELSA STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY, RT. HON. ABRAHAM INGOBERE

On behalf of myself, the Leadership, Honourable members and staff of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly, I wish to heartily felicitate with Your Excellency on this auspicious occasion marking your One Hundred Days in office as the 5th Executive Governor of Bayelsa State.

The circumstances of your emergence clearly shows that divine Providence is at work and this calls for effusive expression of gratitude to God Almighty.

It is gratifying to note that in the last one hundred days in office; Your Excellency, you have demonstrated exemplary leadership especially in unifying and galvanizing all Bayelsans regardless of political leanings to focus on the collective aspirations of the state.

Also; Your Excellency, you have shown visionary leadership and empathy in the management of the state's resources as it relates to prompt payment of workers' salaries and the ongoing payment of arrears of gratuities and pensions, especially in the face of current economic realities.

The matured and coordinated approach in tackling the novel Covid-19 crises in the state has also endeared you to all well-meaning Bayelsans. Your Excellency, your firm and decisive style of leadership has placed Bayelsa as one of the least affected states in the federation.

Indeed; Your Excellency, you have demonstrated competence, commitment and character with a will to address security issues by opening up swali market area and the dreaded Tombia junction; these deliberate steps have given residents, traders, and other road users a sigh of relief.

As the number one lawmaker in the state, I cannot but mention with gratitude your inclusion of two of our immediate past colleagues: Rt. Hon. Friday Konbowei Benson, Hon. Dr. Peter Akpe in your team as Secretary to the State Government (SSG) and Deputy Chief of Staff, respectively.

Your Excellency sir, while congratulating you on these feats, I on behalf of the leadership, Honourable members and staff pledge our unalloyed support of the legislative arm to the programmes and policies of your consolidation for prosperity government as we work together to make a secured and prosperous state for all.

Signed:

Rt. Hon. Abraham Ingobere

Speaker, BYSHA

For and on behalf of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly.

(23rd May, 2020)