PUBLIC NOTICE

It has come to the notice of some of us that some persons are trying to mixed reality with primordial sentiment to mislead the government of the day and the general public about zoning formula in Ijaw Youth Council.

Let me use this medium to educate the general public with notable fact that Ijaw Youth Council has never operated a micro zoning be it at the national level or central zone.

Bayelsa west senatorial district has enjoyed a total of four(4) Chairmen, Goddy Adokeme, Jonathan Lokpobiri, Tare Porri and including the outgoing Chairman Comrade Kennedy Olorogun.

If their is a micro zoning will only ekeremor local government produce all the four Chairmen??

Everyone is saying that Ogbia had produced a Chairman in person of Hon. Maxwell Oko, therefore it's the right of Nembe to produce the next chairman of the zone but let me also remind those who are spreading this information that as at the time Maxwell Oko was Chairman of the zone their was nothing like zoning to senatorial district in the first place.

Maxwell Oko contested alongside with Patrick Ekadi from Agbere Community in Sagbama Local Government Area and other people from other senatorial district(Yenagoa, Ekeremor e.t.c)

So if now that there is a zoning formula base on senatorial district, Ogbia should also be allowed to enjoy same privileges.

Again When Barr. Tare Porri was leaving the Chairman position as a result of God's upliftment the issue of who will succeed him became a problem, stakeholders insisted that since Barr. Porri is from Bayelsa west Senatorial District only someone from West senatorial can replace him.

But in the Eastern Flank of the Ijaw Nation, when Comrade Sammy George resigned to contest the national president seat, the vice chairman, Comrade Tobin replaced him, also Atissa clan Chairman Comrade Nicholas Eferebo also resigned to contest the Vice Chairmanship Position in this election and his vice is acting.

Why was the case of Amiebi Turner not looked Into??

From the recent election at the national level, The Deputy President is from Brass while the Spokesman and Treasurer are from Ekeremor Local Government Area leaving Bayelsa central Sentorial district without a national Officer.

If there is a micro zoning in Council why is the Central Senatorial district not have a Representative??

I will advise the government of the day not to interfere in whom becomes the Chairman of the Zone because nobody can be bigger than the government and it will be of advantage to the government if a popular candidate is elected as chairman of Central Zone.

Let me use this medium to call on the National President of Ijaw Youths Council to please intervene because as we speak Delegates list across the local government area are being changed excluding Ogbia.

The National Leadership led by Comrade Peter Timothy should ensure a free, fair and credible election in central zone election.

Comrade Daniel Eyenghe

Financial Secretary

Ijaw Youth Council Central Zone